Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Artists I Love: Hanna Liden

Hanna Liden is a Swedish-born photographer who now works in New York City. She was featured in the 2006 Whitney Biennial and then all my magazines started covering her, which is how I find out about most anything (and by that I mean skewed through a fashion lens.) She was represented by Rivington Arms Gallery in NY but it looks like they recently closed up shop. Out here on the West Coast I don't hear as much about these things. She is having an upcoming show at Half Gallery in NY so don't miss it if you are out there! What I love about her work is that is so fucking spooky but playful at the same time. And beautiful. I have some images like the Sirens photo torn out of Another Magazine, I think, where she collaborated with the magazine and took photos of naked, stark models. They are amazing. (All these images were taken from the Rivington Arms site.)

And Her Shadow Death
Death Gate
Sirens
Vampire Nude

No comments:

Post a Comment