Thursday, March 18, 2010

Favorites: The Mountainview Cemetery

While you're at Issues (see post below), you can follow Piedmont to the end of the street where you will find the most beautiful and peaceful place in the Bay Area, The Mountainview Cemetery, in Oakland, CA. It is old and grand and enormous, with miles of park to stroll and lounge. Sound crazy? You will see people having picnics, dog-walking, and jogging past the amazing mausoleums and greenery. It is open every day til sundown, when vampires rise and take it over.




What a view! That's Lake Merritt in Oakland and the Bay behind, towards San Francisco.
This one says Serena M, and at the bottom, "Faithful Until Death". Whoa.



This is his Blackmetal pose.
Pyramids for Free Masons.

Kemal started throwing rocks at me while we were walking along the paths, so I ran away, far enough to avoid his aim, until I saw a lady sitting on a step looking at me like I was the fucking weirdest girl she'd ever seen; running alone inside an old cemetery. I yelled, "Stop throwing rocks at me" and she laughed.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful!
    http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete