Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Alluring Subversions" Group Show at CCA


I have been neglecting my blog lately, but I haven't been neglecting my duties as an artist to go see new shows and to support my friends. A few weeks ago I visited a group exhibition at CCA's Oakland campus in the Oliver Art Center called, "Alluring Subversions", curated by undergrad Mariana Garibay. Not only did she pull off this massive show, which included 19 artists, (CCA faculty, grads, and alumni), but she put together two separate artist talks in conjunction with the exhibition. I was impressed with the show, as well as with her initiative to undertake such a feat. Congrats to Mariana, who did it all for the sake of getting it done.

Site-specific work by faculty Jeffrey Gibson

Cool ladies mingling, Maysha Mohamedi, Rachel Foster, and Kate Haskell.

Paintings by Hyun Sun Jo

Mixed media work by Catherine Ryan

New digital collage by Hilary Pecis

Hilary Pecis

Bryson Gill and his painting

Pigment installation by Abby Zialcita

No comments:

Post a Comment