Sunday, May 15, 2011

Summer Reading List Part II

School's Out! Forever!
Yesterday I graduated; pop the champagne!... Now what?

In our awesome pink Master's Hoods, and the rest of our Harry Potter ensembles. 
Since I am a "Master" now, I have suddenly have some time on my hands.  I decided to make a new reading list for all those (hopefully) languid summer days ahead.  I made one last year too, so you can see I never made it to some of them.  Here's to the effort, at least.  I got some classic fiction, breezy memoirs, and research that finally won't feel like research.
So we have Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy, Just Kids by Patti Smith, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway, Fashion, Culture, and Identity by Fred Davis, Air Guitar by Dave Hickey, And the Ass Saw the Angel by Nick Cave, The Fashion Conspiracy by Nicholas Coleridge, Fetish by Valerie Steele, The Evolution of Allure by George L. Hersey, The Warhol Economy by Elizabeth Currid, and A Dedicated Follower of Fashion by Holly Brubach

No comments:

Post a Comment