Monday, May 16, 2011

"Marci Washington: Forever I'll Be Here" at Rena Bransten

Now that I have graduated, I have the time to share all the art stuff I have been wanting to write about.  A little while ago my friends and I braved the crowds to see CCA alum, Marci Washington's, first solo show at Rena Bransten in downtown San Francisco.  I remember Marci's super dark, narrative gouache paintings from her Open Studios a few years ago, and it was great to see how the work has progressed to involve her trademark dramatic death scenes and gothic interiors but also very similar subject matter to yours truly.  It looks like Marci and I are both into pictures of dead models, but then again, who isn't?  Congrats to Marci Washington on a well-done show at a beautiful space!  Go check out her super flat and flawless technique before it ends in June if you can.

"Marci Washington:  Forever I'll Be Here"
Rena Bransten, 77 Geary, San Francisco, CA
Through June 4


Something about them really reminded me of Nagel from Duran Duran artwork.


Courtney checking out the dead guy.

A little art deco

A surprising looser washy one.

That's Marci in the white shirt way back there.
(Apologies about the glare in the photos- it was difficult to photograph them in frames).

No comments:

Post a Comment