Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alexander McQueen: He'll Always Be King

Alexander McQueen's final show Fall 2010


I don't know why, but it seems that on the day the news broke about Lee (Alexander) McQueen taking his life, people were publicizing the affair everywhere. (I found out on NPR of all places.) However, ever since, I have been pretty disappointed in the lack of coverage in magazines and the main fashion sites like Style.com. Sure, there were nods to the tragedy, and with the magazines I understand that it takes a few months to catch up to today's news. But really? That's it? He was, in my opinion, the most innovative and brazen designer we have had in quite some time and that's all we get. No memorials or tribute pages? Bullshit! Fashion institutions, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

And by the way, Gucci Group, you should be ashamed of yourselves, too, for deciding to keep the brand alive after his death. Such bad taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment